"I just wanted to provide you with the link to the blog post I did today for our company's blog: http://www.divitaspeaks.com/ in which I talked about the Quickbooks 14500 club. I have happily decreased my customer master file by half - thanks to you and your wonderful program. Thanks again for your help."
Benecia Beyer - Accountant
DiVita & Associates, Inc. www.divitainc.com
No Data is Lost
Thanks Mark. We have a lot of repeat customers whose information we probably lost but we were able to cut our customer list down by thousands. I'm glad I found your program!
Regards Jack & Debbie LaBrake - LaBrake's Garden Path & Pond LLC - www.gardenponds.com
ANSWER: No Information was lost in this process - Check the "Retail" account and you'll see that everything's there. Besides, you've got your backup.
This Stumped me - So I put here in case it helps...
- Make sure that you are logged in as a user with administrator rights.
- Click the Windows button, select Control Panel, and click Printers.
- Right-click the QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and select Run as administrator and Properties.
- Click Continue.
- Select the Ports tab, then click the Add Port… button.
- Select Local Port and click the New Port… button.
- Enter PDF1 for the new port name and click OK. Close the Printer Ports window.
- Ensure that the PDF1 port is selected in the Ports list.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Spool print documents radio button to make the options below it clickable.
- Clear (uncheck) the box labeled Enable advanced printing features.
- Select the Print directly to printer radio button again.
- Ensure that Amyuni Document Converter 300 is selected in the Driver: drop-down arrow
- Click the Apply button, and then click OK.
- Important: In order for the changes to take effect, you must restart your computer.
Reboot your computer and then try to print, email, or create a pdf from QuickBooks.
Installing or reinstalling the QuickBooks PDF Converter
This document describes how to install the QuickBooks PDF Converter printer driver. The PDF Converter is necessary to convert and send (email) QuickBooks forms and reports in Adobe PDF file format.
If QuickBooks has issues creating and sending PDF files, temporarily deleting the QuickBooks PDF Converter may resolve the issue.
Deleting the QuickBooks PDF Converter:
Reinstalling the QuickBooks PDF Converter:
- Log in to Windows as a user with Administrator rights.
- Open the Printers and Faxes window:
- Windows XP:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run.
- Type control printers in the Open field and click OK.
- Windows Vista:
- Click the Windows Logo (Start) button and choose Run. (If Run is not available, click in the Start Search field).
- Enter control printers and click OK.
- Right-click QuickBooks PDF Converter icon and choose Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Windows desktop and choose Properties.
- Click Find Target (or Open File Location). A Windows Explorer window opens.
- Double-click the Install Applicationm, or Install.exe, to install the PDF Converter.
- Click OK after the installation is finished.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Run.
- Type control printers in the Open field and click OK to open the Printers and Faxes window.
- Right-click Amyuni Document Converter and choose Rename.
- Enter the correct name below, depending on the version of QuickBooks installed, and press Enter:
- QuickBooks 2006-2009 R8: QuickBooks PDF Converter
- QuickBooks 2009 R9 and later: QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0
- QuickBooks 2010 R1 and R2: QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0
If this solution does not resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free or you can contact a technical support agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.
Your program worked PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for having the smarts and making the effort to build this program. We upgraded all our software and computers, only to have the POS integration fail because of our 10,000 customers + vendors and items exceeding the 14,500 limit. All Quickbooks said was too bad, upgrade to Enterprise, which was totally unnecessary for us...a small chocolate/candy store that uses Quickbooks Point of Sale and never should have been transferring customers to Quickbooks in the first place...totally not needed. Thanks again. Probably the best $75 this store has ever spent!
- Tim Downey www.4somethingsweet.com
You are a GENIUS!! Thank you for coming up with that script. I have successfully merged all my customers so I can now import new orders into QB. This has been a tremendous help.
Discount Catholic Store, Inc, Charlotte, NC 28273
[Thanks, but if I'm so smart how come I'm using Quickbooks?]
I just finished using your program to reduce the size of my Quickbooks customer list and would like to say that it works exactly as you advertise. I would recommend it to anyone that runs into the 14500 Quickbooks customer limit. I was not about to spend $3,000 to upgrade to Enterprise just because I am unable to remove old customers. I own a rapidly growing company (www.landairsea.com) and can find other more important places to spend $3,000. Thank you for a great solution to a problem that many Quickbooks users will eventually face.
Best regards, Rob WagnerPresident - LandAirSea Systems, Inc